Cape Cod Preferred Physicians is a group of approximately 100 primary care physicians and 280 specialists who provide medical and surgical care to patients on the Cape and Islands. We organized in the fall of 2010 and partnered with Cape Cod Healthcare to become a clinically integrated provider network that contracts jointly with health insurance companies in order to provide high quality, cost effective health care services for the Cape Cod community. As of May 2017, these contracts include approximately 35,000 covered lives for whom we deliver clinically integrated care under the following framework:
- Providing high-quality health care for the well-being of our patients is our top priority.
- Preventative as well as therapeutic services must be included within a comprehensive health plan to maintain optimal health.
- Clinical integration between primary care providers, specialists, hospitals, laboratories and other testing facilities to assure quality in care, efficiency in management and cost, and maximal patient satisfaction.
- The patient-physician relationship is highly valued. Decisions regarding health care choices should be made jointly and with consideration of both quality and cost.
- Our support of high quality, cost effective health services locally will contribute to the overall health of our community on Cape Cod.